If you have lost or found an animal, here's what to do:
1. Act quickly!
2. If the Found animal is
wearing a rabies tag, call the phone number on the tag first.
4. Call and/or visit the Murray/Calloway County Animal Shelter at (270) 759-4141.
5. Email the pet's photo*, description (approximate size, gender, color, distinguishing marks or features) and contact numbers to the Humane Society at firstname.lastname@example.org. along with any other pertinent information. The Humane Society will send a lost/found notice to their 800+ Animal Advocates.
6. Call Murray Ledger & Times at (270) 753-1916 (or fax 753-1927) to run
a free classified ad for one day.
Post fliers at veterinarian offices, the animal shelter, Humane Society and local businesses. Distribute fliers to homes throughout the neighborhood where the pet was lost or found, the mail person and neighborhood businesses.
9. If you have Lost a cat, click here for extremely helpful information on the behavior of a lost cat and how you can improve your chances of finding your lost cat.
* The Humane Society maintains a Lost Pet Photo Registry. This free service includes owned pet photographs and descriptions so they are ready to email to the Animal Advocates should the pet become lost.
Please direct questions or
comments about the site to